Salem Art Association
The Salem Art Association (SAA) is a nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to art education, art appreciation and historic preservation in the greater Salem area. The history of the Association dates to 1919 when a group of dedicated community leaders formed the Salem Arts League. In 1938 the League incorporated as the Salem Art Center Association and obtained a gallery space at Salem High School. In 1948 the Art Center Association changed its name to the Salem Art Association (SAA). SAA moved to its present location in Bush's Pasture Park in 1953 when it was entrusted with the care and operation of the Asahel Bush House. As Salem's oldest and largest visual arts resource, SAA has played a major role in the cultural development of Salem.