Ohio Art League
A group of 40 students from the Columbus Art School formed the Columbus Art Students League in 1909 for the purpose of organizing artists for public and mutual benefit. In 1917 the name changed to The League of Columbus Artists and again in 1918 to the Columbus Art League to accommodate expanding membership interest beyond students to include artists in the greater community. The Ohio Art League programs promote and encourage the recognition of highest artistic merit. The League provides opportunities for professional artists to exhibit competitively. Art professionals of international renown have served as jurors for these competitions including Edward Hopper, Max Weber, Grant Wood, Homer St. Gaudens, Philip Pearlstein, Robert Indiana, David Smith, Marsha Tucker, George Sugarman, Klaus Kertess and Audrey Flack.